Moderate Christian Blog Aggregator
This blog aggregator is open to any blog that fits a few basic rules. For more information see Moderate Christian Blog Aggregator Standards.
Note that this aggregator was started August 12, 2006. Keep returning as we add new blogs.
The list below shows the most recent entries from sites in the aggregator. Sites that are less frequently updated will not appear here as frequently. To look at the range of sites covered, the link above will allow you to browse by site.
- Sunday's Child >> Reflection on readings for July 26
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 07:00:00 -0500
The Lord answer you in the day of trouble!
The name of the God of Jacob protect you!
2 Chronicles 17:1-18:34
The king preferred favorable comments from his prophets. Some prophets prefer to tell the king what he wants to hear. Results may turn out not so well.
The righteousness that come from the law is one thing according to verse 5; the righteousness that comes from faith is something else, according to verse 6-8. But, this is not
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Thank you for taking this time to listen
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 06:57:08 -0500
Dear Lord, Please help my mum, she has been promised treatment so many times, without anything coming of it due to further non-related problems, as i am
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Lord, we've only just met please don't take him away now.
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 06:56:45 -0500
Please forgive me for not being religious. I am desperate. A special man has come in to my life as you know. He nearly died last year and he thought he
- NoSuperHeroes.com >> God, If You Do This, I Promise To?
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 04:34:07 -0500
How often does some form of this bargaining plea cross our minds? “God….If you ______, I promise to ______.” Fill in the blanks with our chosen sign to give us the direction of the Almighty. We seek after prophetic words. A well-known prophet is in town and we attend hoping to hear some direct line of [...]
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer for my father to stop Drinking
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 03:04:27 -0500
My father is a loving father but his life is ruled by alcohol and bad friends, some family members. Please pray for my Father Israel M to reserve healing
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Praying to survive
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 03:03:57 -0500
Dear Lord, am studying dentistry in an acknowledged university.i am in deep stress right now because my final results are not good enough for me to take
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer For Financial Assistance
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 03:01:40 -0500
Dear Lord, I come to you today most humbly to request financial assistance to help my family breathe easier. We need a new vehicle because our transmission
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer for me and my family
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 03:01:17 -0500
I am involved with a wonderful woman who has a daughter who is a cancer survivor. I have been supporting them both for some time and I am in a large amount
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer for financial blessing please
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 03:00:58 -0500
Lord, you know my situation You know I am trying to do my best with what I have I need your help Father I pray you will help us overcome all these trials
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Please help me lord that for me to change
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 03:00:46 -0500
Dear Lord Today I am blamed because of one lady by name Maria whom I believed so much and gave her all my happiness ,strength for her to grow and support
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, I pray constantly to the Lord throughout the day and night
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:21:07 -0500
Constantly to the Lord throughout the day and night. I talk and pray with my mental faculties and with my heart. Try this dear people. Try praying and
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer for better life for my son and grandchildren
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:20:45 -0500
my story is quite lengthy but i'll try not to make it so long. my son is a former marine. he's a good kid and a hard worker. however he is very insecure
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, God I pray that you will save this marriage
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:18:31 -0500
God I pray that you will save this marriage and remove Satan and all of his evil work from this marriage I pray that you give my husband a change of heart
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer for the marriage on the last string
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:18:14 -0500
Please pray for My Husband as he has been Miss-guided by some people i have a small kid 2 years old and we are having problems. We need to Get back together
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer to save our marriage,soften the heart of my husband and reuniting us together again
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:17:46 -0500
Dear Lord Jesus, Please heal the heart and mind of my husband that we his family is the most important to his life.Its almost five months
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Lord I ask for a marriage miracle
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:17:23 -0500
Lord I ask for a marriage miracle please go inside my husband heart and exchange it with your, lord I pray for him to submit to you and only you lord,
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Marriage Restoration and to soften my husband's heart
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:15:42 -0500
Lord heal my marriage at all levels, heal the pain we have caused each other, heal our differences at all levels. restore my marriage at all levels. Remove
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer ror the life I can give my daughter
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:11:37 -0500
Lord, Remove the mental, physical and emotional impediments of my wife from my daughter's and my lives. I pray that a way to raise my daughter, in security,
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer for reconcilation with husband
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:10:16 -0500
Dear God please help my husband stop fighting with me. Every two days we end up fighting. He saw only my bad points and is insulting and unappreciative.
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer Stop fights with my husband
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 02:09:54 -0500
Dear God please help my husband stop fighting with me. Every two days we end up fighting. He sees only my bad points and is insulting and unappreciative.
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, I need all the help I can get please help, Lord
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:47:13 -0500
I was fired from job because my dad was in the hospital cause he had surgery for his throat cancer. The doctor asked if one of his biological children
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer for freedom from bondage of debt
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:46:44 -0500
Dear Lord, You alone knew about my financial problems and inadequacies. You alone knew how much I love my family. Please shower me your blessings... Give
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, I need money to finish my school and help my family
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:45:52 -0500
God Almighty. Thank you for your love, for your mercy and kindness. I want to apologize for all the things I've done that have not been pleasing in
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer to the Lord Help Me Be Successful
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:42:12 -0500
Lord give me strength and your guidance to navigate the challenges that face me in my business start ups. Help me to gain customers and to provide quality
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer for my grandmother
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:41:42 -0500
Lord i know you love them i do to please keep all 10 of them safe give them wisdom love knowledge good value one of them is in trouble a they have started
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer for pregnancy please!
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:40:48 -0500
Please most heavenly Father, merciful moth and Lord Jesus Christ. Please have mercy on us and hear the truth of our hearts, will, ways, and hopes that
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Prayer to help restoring a relationship
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:37:47 -0500
Hello I need urgent prayer to help restore my current relationship. My boyfriend asked for some days apart to see if this relationship is worth continuing,
- Prayers for Special Help >> Jul 26, Speaking to my mountain
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:37:11 -0500
We decided to break the lease we are in with the 30 day notice because when we moved I assumed my kids would remain in their current schools, but that
- Bow. James Bow. >> Twelve Mile Road
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:27:23 -0500
We started the first leg of our journey today, a two-week tour of Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. We are visiting family once again, even though two very important members of our family (my mother-in-law and her husband) came across the border with us back in January, with permission to stay.
Turns out, Nebraska is a lot easier to get to than California. Despite offering ludicrous economy travel, the fares are far from economy. With a flight of four to California topping out over $3000, we
- Christian Personal Finance >> How to Buy a House on the Courthouse Steps
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:00:32 -0500
An old-fashioned term for the process of buying a property in foreclosure, buying a house on the courthouse steps is a way to get a real deal on a house ? or to get into real trouble.
- Compassion in Politics >> Letter about Faith, Power, and Science
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:55:43 -0500
I think this is interesting. So to that extent, thank you. Seismic shifts in preaching have occured between the 1980s and the 1990s. The later were more grace filled and far less emphasis on hell [I'm talking about a mention]. I think the 2000′s up till now have seen a similar decline. I can’t remember […]
- Heaven's Highway >> Marriage Devotion: Wedding Invitation - Revelation 19:9
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:44:00 -0500
Revelation 19:9 Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' "
- Compassion in Politics >> Compare and Contrast Biblical Ethics versus Kantian Ethics
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:33:34 -0500
The following is from a question on the Q & A site Quora. I’ve included dividers ( ———————– ) to separate my responses to other people on the question thread. Both aim to be more fully in line with what it means to be human. Both strive for what is fundamentally human. 1. Kantian ethics […]
- Compassion in Politics >> Ways for Presenters to Create Greater Audience Engagement
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:20:55 -0500
1. Questions 2. Imagine/Vision 3. Problem-solving activity 4. Fill in the gaps (very selective) 5. Reflection/Self-reflection 6. Hand out activity 7. Quiz/Trivia 8. Group Game 9. Pair Share 10. Mini-projects, Mini-presentations 11. Icebreaker 12. Call to action at the end
- John Meunier's Blog >> Power in prayer
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:42:43 -0500
A reader posted this comment and question on a previous post. I thought it was interesting enough to put it out here to see if any of my readers wanted to share their stories: There?s a great story by the … Continue reading →
- John Meunier's Blog >> Gospel & obedience #LukeActs2014
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:39:21 -0500
My trip to Israel and this summer in CPE derailed my participation in #LukeActs2014. So, here I am jumping back on the bandwagon. Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings! The God of … Continue reading →
- Sunday's Child >> Reflection on readings for July 25
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:00:00 -0500
Let the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to you, O Lord,
my rock and my redeemer.
2 Chronicles 14:1-16:14
King Asa of Judah cleared the land from places of false worship and demanded that the people follow the commandments of the Lord. He was also a successful military leader, fortifying the land and driving back invaders.
The chronicler tells us that Asa did what was
- Kouya Chronicle >> The Perils of Missionary Thinking
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 06:14:14 -0500
The very survival of Christianity in Europe and America depends upon the emergence of men and women able to think new thoughts and devise new strategies at the real frontiers of mission today. But such people, whether innovative church planting missionaries or Christian intellectuals seeking to move beyond the timeworn habits of thought in order to rethink the relationship of Christianity and Western Culture from the perspective of mission, are likely to face misunderstanding, criticism and serious
- Attempts at Honesty >> Christianity Boosts Education, Quality of Life in Asian Countries
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 04:00:00 -0500
Attempts at Honesty Christian Blog - Reflections on the interplay of the Bible and Culture
by This is a guest post by Sarah Brooks whose biographical information appears in the author box below this post. If you would like to provide a guest post to Attempts at Honesty, please see the guest post guidelines and contact me if you are interested in providing a post. Sarah Writes Although often considered a […]
© copyright 2013 ? All
- The Englewood Review of Books >> ERB Weekly Digest ? July 25, 2014 ? Brian McLaren, Hauerwas, GM Hopkins
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 01:11:30 -0500
One of our Best Books of 2012, Brian McLaren’s Why Did Jesus, Moses, the Buddha, and Mohammed Cross the Road? is only $1.99 now for Kindle! Get your copy now: http://j.mp/BMcLaren-WhyDidJesus [ Read our review... ] This week marked Stanley Hauerwas’s 74th Birthday! Check out our video montage of him discussing Slow [...]
- ACGheen: Evangelism Centered Materials for Teens and Young A >> Paychecks and Self-Worth: An Introduction to Industry and Economics Part I
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 01:00:37 -0500
Last week in ?Scripture?s View on Human Value?, we explored what the Bible has to tell us about the worth of each of us as individuals. With this in mind, it might seem reasonable that a society which recognizes this worth would ensure that every individual received an equal share of the wealth. Unfortunately, as […]
- Compassion in Politics >> Biblical Sourcing
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:36:53 -0500
This isn’t an analogy if you re-read the question. The analogy would be if you found your favorite composer borrowed musically from other composers. Or it might be like Steven Ambrose or the author of one of the bios of LBJ & Lincoln. Would that keep you from following that author or believing the veracity […]
- Compassion in Politics >> Mega list of leadership coaching questions
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:27:04 -0500
Learning versus judging questions (p. 79) Coaching Questions: Clark-Epstein (2000) ? How does your work contribute to our success? ? How could you make your job more effective? ? Who do you see as our competitors, and how do you see them? ? What gets in the way of doing your job? ? What does […]
- Bow. James Bow. >> On Tim Horton's and its Faulty Embrace of New Technology
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:58:31 -0500
In the attempts to divide this nation between Tim Horton’s double-double drinking Joes and elite Starbucks latte sippers, I come down firmly in the middle. I drink at both establishments. Copiously. So much so, that I own both a Tim Horton’s card and a Starbucks card.
What can I say? I need my cup of Joe. And I don’t ever want to be caught short for cash, so the cards, which are automatically reloaded when my balance gets down past a certain level, are convenient and ensure my
- Compassion in Politics >> What is the essential message of the Gospels in the New Testament?
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:49:00 -0500
- Compassion in Politics >> My random thoughts on the flaws of moral relativism
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:48:32 -0500
People are hung up on Kantianism and straw persons Victorian ethics Purpose of a garden Deductive versus inductive logic Morality & rationality. Deductive Moral flexibility Laws and law giver The science of ethics Law of pythagoreus…Diff places. Role of place in discovery (?????) Critique of science Without ethics…very little ground for liberalism. Values and relationship […]
- Compassion in Politics >> How do you make the most of book reading?
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:45:25 -0500
As someone who has studied self-improvement, education, and practice of the development of expertise and mastery. Here are the top 12 ideas that come to mind for making the most of insights: 1) Ideally have a problem/challenge you are thinking about. This is arguably one reason why MBAers with 2 years in the workplace have […]
- Compassion in Politics >> Is Qui Bids a Scam?
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:39:53 -0500
Wikipedia points to a number of criticisms of Qui Bids which suggest it is a scam or very close to being a scam: According to Reviewopedia, penny auctions are a bad deal for the consumer and should always be avoided: Penny auction websites attract people to them by promising expensive, big ticket items at unbelievably […]
- Compassion in Politics >> Thoughts on Missions with the Bible
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:39:26 -0500
1) Giving/Play/Kids/Community/Celebration 2) Media 3) Small group or 1 on 1 4) Process 5) 2nd level media (bible, booklets, media, worksheets, etc..) 6) Small groups to build 7) Disciplines & Goals Scalability. How might the above partner with existing organizations. How might the above decrease poverty. How might the above be made more holistic, but […]
- Compassion in Politics >> Comparing Christianity to Atheism and Skepticism
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:38:49 -0500
Answer One: No Christian believes you don’t have the right to believe what you want to. Answer Two: What exactly is the scientific grounding for such a right? What is the empirical data for such a right? I say that mostly in jest?..As I think these questions are much more important: Where do those rights […]
(This blog aggregator uses MagpieRSS)
What I mean by Moderate Christian Theology
By "moderate Christian theology" I mean the doctrinal views of those who are moderate, relaxed, and open in how they deal with the world, but who take the Christian religion and Christian spirituality seriously. They will have an interest in the Bible, but will not be dogmatic and will also be interested in interfaith dialog and will not pressure their neighbors. Their primary form of witness is by their life, but they do not hide the fact that they are Christians. They let their light shine through deeds first, then words, and even through signs.
Search the web:
Search the Energion site family: